Friday 20 March 2015

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2015


Hi All!
Today I'd like to share my entry for the Graphic 45 Design Team call. I LOVE Graphic 45 papers and embellishments, so creating with them is ALWAYS fun! There is not a week goes by when I don't make something with their beautiful collections, creating bold statement pieces by combining contrasting coloured papers with fussy cut images. I hope you enjoy looking at my projects as much as I  have enjoyed making them.

Home Sweet Home Shadow Box
As soon as this collection was launched I was drawn to the vibrant colours and fabulous images.


Curtain Call Accordion Album
Time for a step back in time using my precious leftover scraps of Curtain Call to create this Charlie Chaplain themed card.



 
View from the back - a place to write your message.

I enjoyed creating these accordion cards so much that I set to to create a larger version with lots of fussy cut elements from the Home Sweet Home collection.



Precious Memories - Memory Box Gift Set
I altered this box to create a Memory box for a new mum.










Each drawer houses little envelopes and bags to store those precious 'firsts' - first tooth, first lock of hair, first bootees, etc. The bottom drawer even has room for a mini album to store all those favourites photos.





Inside the front cover is a space to insert a photo of the new arrival,










Close up of box lid detail.






















French Country Notelets
I went back to the French Country collection to create this matching notelet set and gift box - an ideal birthday gift.



I love making shaped cards so below are a few favourites:
Time to Celebrate Circle Easel


Botanical Tea 'Thinking of You' card using the butterfly stamp from the Secret Garden set to create a frame. Each butterfly was stamped onto my scraps of Botanical Tea papers. Waste not, want not lol!



Precious Moments Easel Card 

I also enjoy creating pop up cards like these below using Home Sweet Home and Good Ole Sport.


I like to add metal embellishments, twine, and pearl pen to my projects.

Old Curiosity Shoppe Dresser and Mini Album
I found this 18 inch tall dresser in a charity shop and set about altering it. Each shelf is the perfect height to store my Stickles, Liquid Pearls, stacks of Distress Inks and Alcohol Inks.
Inside is a hollow area ideal for housing a mini album. Each pocket page allows me to list the colours of inks, or glitters I already have, as well as photo examples of items I have made with the products.




Home Sweet Home Box and Recipe Album
I wanted to create some items for our kitchen so I really loved creating this boxed recipe album.  I added lots of fussy cut elements including a little 3D scene in the lid of the box, and decorated it with the chipboard embellishments, stickers, pockets and tags.




Some examples of the album pages with plenty of pockets and flaps to add recipes using the matching Ephemera Cards.





To match I decided to alter a kitchen clock but kept the decoupaged images flat so that I could Mod Podge over them so that it would be more hard wearing in the kitchen environment.

 The Home Sweet Home clock provided the perfect Bird House Home for the little bird pendulum.























Once Upon a Springtime
I love the prettiness of the Once Upon a Springtime collection and the following makes are from my stash of papers that I bought when the collection was originally released.
I made these 3D little fairy eggs as decorations for Easter.


I wanted to create a large gift box so made this hexagonal shaped gift box using the papers and images, lace, ribbon, glitter and crystal gems. It is 15 inches tall so will hold a bottle of champagne - perhaps to celebrate the birth of a baby, or a larger present.



Artisan Style Car
Finally, I'd like to share a wooden car I recently altered for my husband. We enjoy going to vintage car shows and rally days so I thought the new Artisan Style would give a perfect masculine feel. I used my alcohol markers to enhance the wooden wheel arches, etc. I plan to make a 'mini' mini album to fit inside to store some pictures of our days out.




I hope you enjoyed looking at all make projects. Thank you Graphic 45 for considering my application.
Many thanks
Karen x

3 comments:

  1. Karen!!!!! Girl, you are beyond AMAZING, you totally blew me away with this post, your projects are stunning beyond compare and feature the Graphic 45 products so wonderfully!! You are a natural fit for the Graphic 45 DT! I know how much you love G45, I've been following you since Ning. :-) LOVE your work. Good luck sweetie! xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh...you are so good Arlene! You're right...I do love G45 lol! Thanks so much for the inspiration and encouragement...I really appreciate it! Fingers and toes crossed :) xx

      Delete
  2. For the baby keepsake did you make the drawers chest etc

    ReplyDelete