Saturday 23 April 2011

Dancing Dolphins

Happy Easter Everyone!
I'm not sure where the last week has disappeared to but I'm back with a little card I made that I'd like to enter into the Simon Says Stamp challenge which, this week, is to use wet or dry embossing techniques on your work. I used a dolphin stamp from the Tales of the Ocean stamp set which I stamped in black ink onto three little panels of card which I'd coloured first with blue Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then triple embossed each panel to make them look enamelled and used a variety of mats to layer them up onto a tall card. The turquoise mirri card mats are from American Crafts and the little sentiment was printed from my computer. I think this type of card is great for both men and women and would suit a number of occasions - handy to have in your greetings card stash - especially when you need a card in a hurry...or you've forgot!
I would also like to enter this card into Creative Inspirations 'Pets/Animals' challenge and Cupcake Craft Challenge which this week is to use lots of layers.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Bye for now
Karen x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely & pretty card! Love the colrs!Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Goos Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card hun, love the dolphins, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work hun! Thanks for joining in with this week’s Challenges of Pets / Animals over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday’s Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. The layout is terrific.

    ReplyDelete