Sunday 3 April 2011

Brotherly Love

This layout is of my Grandad and his brother back in 1911. I followed the challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch. For my interpretation I added my little corner element at the bottom rather than the top of the page as I felt it balanced the layout a bit more. The papers used were Bo Bunny's Mama Razzi with a little blue Core'dinations card stock for matting and Waterfall Stickles for a bit of sparkle - other than that I tried to keep it fairly simple. I'm really tempted to add a few more embellishments but am trying my best to 'back away from the page' and leave it. Less frilly and female and more male and manly ha! ha!
Hope you like it.
Bye for now
Karen x
PS - The word 'is' is missing from my journalling which I only noticed once I'd uploaded it but I've since added it in and it now makes sense! It should read' This old photo is of my Grandad and his brother Les taken in 1911. Holding hands yet posing sternly for the camera they model their matching jumpers and shorts and tiny leather boots'.
Many thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the sketch and great journalling too!! Love the heritage style of the LO and the color scheme too!!
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful take on the challenge Karen! Being photographed was a much bigger deal back then. Now, at least my kids, start to run when the camera comes out!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen!!! I am so so happy that you decided to join us at Once Upon A ..Sketch! Happy to see you using some Bo Bunny too **wink** ...Oh how many times I have made errors in journalling or even the title LOL! Its very irritating isnt it? I love your take on the sketch and that photo..priceless. The colours you have used go so well together with that photo and the sentimental feeling of the whole project!Take care...xoxox Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is so pretty! Love how you've used this collection and what a great idea to capture this memory/photo. It'll mean so much more to your family now I'm sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning just stunning !!!! love anything vintage .... great journaling ... perfection .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure to have such a photo!!! I love vintage photos. Your grand-dad and his brother look so grim--like little adults. Beautifully preserved keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture! And the cards, the colors, everything was perfect! For participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photograph & wonderful layout - thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a wonderful picture, and you have done such a great job with the sketch!!!! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch....very nostalgic feel...the photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very nice LO to showcase a special photo!Well done and you were right to back away!Sometimes less is definitely more!

    ReplyDelete