Friday 7 February 2014

Lovey Dovey Mice

Afternoon All!
Today I'm back with a little card I made using a fab digi image from the House Mouse CD. I love the fact that there are few House Mouse digi's on that CD and I only wish that there were a few on the Gruffies and Happy Hoppers CD - I can't get enough of colouring these cute little characters in!


Anyhoo, after watching the fab Nicky from Polka Doodles on Create and Craft - I decided to splurge on 12 Graph It markers to give them a whirl alongside my Spectrums and Promarkers...and I must say, she is definitely right about the vibrancy of the colours. The dark pink on these little buds really stands out. Think I may be tempted for some more of them when I've saved up!

 The papers I used were from Kaisercraft - the silver embossed from The Lake House and the dark pink from Secret Admirer. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and I added gingham ribbon, a polka dot bow, a pearl gem and a heart shaped charm for a bit of embellishment. The inside is decorated to match - another wonky inside shot I'm afraid LOL!


Hope you like it! I'm hoping to enter it in the following challenges:
ABC - E is for Embellishment (3 embellishments - Charm, ribbon and pearl gem)

Best wishes 
Karen x

13 comments:

  1. Colored beautifully. Love the fab image and charm!. Great your use of cuts, colors and elements. Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good Luck and hope you will come back again next week for a new challenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karen :-) the image is super cute and your colouring is amazing !! lovely colours and details :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image and have seen it used in so many ways, each one being gorgeous! I love the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job you did with this image (my favorite image of all time) Love the papers and your inside is just a nice as the face of your card. Thanks so very much for playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Karen - great design and lovely colours and stamping. Your image is adorable and beautifully coloured!!

    Thanks so much for joining both House Mouse & Friends and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen gorgeous colours on your LOVE theme card, the pink is so lovely & the punched border..this pair of mice look so cute in this ring of berries..lovely take on the chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card, I love the pretty colours you have chosen for your adorable image and lovely fresh design.
    Thank you for joining us the House-Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and lovely colouring! Thanks for taking part in Gruffies & Guests Love Is In The Air challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Karen! Love the image, which you've colored beautifully! Great color combo of Pink and Grey. Love the design elements- showcase your image perfectly! Thank you for joining us at Gruffies & Guests this month.

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so sweet ,thanks for joining CCT this week!
    Hugs heidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore your card its so Sweet ,Thanks for joining in with us this week at Graph'It colour challenge.
    Good Luck Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a gorgeous Card! I love the coloring of this cute Image! Thanks for joining us at Gruffies & Guests Challenge.
    Silvia DT xx

    ReplyDelete