Wednesday 18 January 2012

Treasured Memories



Today I'd like to share one of my scrapbook layouts with you. I'm hooked on genealogy as much as I am on crafting and love scrapping my old photos. This latest layout is of my lovely Dad who is sadly no longer with us, and his younger brother on a visit to see Father Christmas in a John Lewis store in the late 1940s.

We're so used to seeing modern photos of children on Santa's knee that I thought it would be fab to show what our parents/ grandparents looked like enjoying the same traditions. I love this quaint old picture, their wartime clothes and a rather serious, long bearded Santa!

Over at A Trip Down Memory Lane the Thirsty Thursday challenge this week is 'Q for Quaint' so I think this image fits the bill. The papers used were from one of my (many) faves - Bo Bunny. I created the rosette from the papers and punched the outside with a Martha Stewart branch punch and created the flowers using Marianne dies run through a Cuttlebug script folder before inking with Distress inks. The holly die cuts are Anna Griffin and I made the journalling tag on my computer.

Anyway, hope you like my little trip back in time! If you want to see more of my scrapbook pages follow the Scrapbook Layout tab at the top of the page where I'm making a little gallery. I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for looking.
Best wishes
Karen x

1 comment:

  1. Oh this layout is fantastic and right up my street. I to am really into geneology and love the vintge pages. It's so important to capture those moments and remeber them. well done it is lovely
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete