Sunday 9 March 2014

Green Wellies

Morning All!
Just thought I'd pop by with my entry for this month's Spectrum Noir Challenge which is to use 'Green' on your project. With all this rain we've been having wellies have been regular footwear for many of us, and although there are all sorts of coloured wellies now, 'green' is the traditional colour, so I dug out this cute Mulberry Wood stamp showing a little bear relaxing after a spot of gardening with his green wellies on.

I coloured him in with my Spectrums, then layered him up onto various green patterned papers from papermania. I also die cut a lacey square out of embossed gold card and used the negative as a frame around him. The positive diecut I used as a spot to write your message inside the card.  I distressed the edges of the papers and then added gardening twine for a bit of a rustic look. To finish off I added a heart charm, sentiment and some gems.

Anyway, hope you like my little bear and his green wellies!! I'd also like to enter the card into the following challenges:
Spectrum Noir - Green
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - What a Gem
Cards Galore Encore - Use a stamp or digi


Best wishes and bye for now
Karen x

3 comments:

  1. Great card I love your colouring and the green looks really good. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore challenge 3
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet creation. Wonderful colour and detail. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Spectrum Noir Challenge this month.
    Laine - DT.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, A beautiful card. A great design and love the colours. Thank you for joining us this month at Crafts Galore Encore.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete