Saturday 29 December 2012

Scaling the Rooftops

Twice in one day! Back again with another layout that I very nearly forgot to post! I created this colourful layout earlier in the month to take part in Bo Bunny's Sketch Challenge.
The image inspiration really got my creative juices flowing. I loved the roof tops and the colours and as one of my resolutions is to scrap some of my older holiday photos I dug out this one of a little pub in Stonehaven, Scotland where we stopped on a car tour of the Highlands. Here we had one of our favourite lunchtime dishes - Cullen Skink - a traditional creamy haddock and potato soup. Doesn't sound that good, but honestly, don't knock it until you've tried it ha! ha!
Anyway, the little pub had an unusual shaped, crenelated roof and I thought this pic would be great as the focal point for the layout. I also tried to stick to the colour scheme of the image and even punched an angled border to imitate the roof tops. I used one of the larger Bo Bunny journalling spots to take the place of the moon in the original image which provided a great place to highlight my title. I dug out lots of my Bo Bunny scraps from the Persuasion, Vicki B, and Learning Curve collections and the black and white dotty background was from the early Unforgettable collection. Anyway, I loved everything about this challenge - the colours, the image and the angles, the fact that I have scrapped an old photo that I perhaps might not have scrapped - and of course, working with Bo Bunny papers! I was so inspired by this challenge, I just can't believe I nearly forgot to post it! Why not pop over to Bo Bunny's blog - you've still got time to join in with the challenge! Thanks for looking! Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment