Thursday 27 December 2012

German Decorations - Saturday Sketch Week 2

Hi All! I've been playing again with my Kaisercraft goodies and one of my favourite photos of the traditional wooden decorations that we saw at the Berlin Christmas Markets. I followed the Saturday Sketch Week 2 Challenge over on the Kaisercraft blog and used the Turtledove papers.
Don't get me wrong - I love glitter - but I also like the grungy look of these papers and how they look without glitter, so I stuck to a muted look - just adding embossed heritage gold cardstock and Kaisercraft rhinestones - which I used in a strip and cut into single gems. The aim was to add lots of layers and various Martha Stewart punched borders - Vine, Cherish and Scroll punches.The background paper was inked with Old Paper Distress ink and over stamped with the Kaisercraft musical notes stamp - this is very subtle and probably hard to see on scene but in real life you can see it! Honestly! LOL! I hope you can see some of the detail on these close ups!
Anyway, hope you like my take on the challenge. Best wishes and bye for now Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment