Friday 18 March 2011

Shells and Stars



This is another card I made using a new set of Joanna Sheen stamps which all have a beachy, sealife theme. I stamped the main image with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then pulled a little of the colour in with a paint brush. I then added Perfect Pearls to add shimmer and micro beads to create a sandy look. The image was layered on gold and white card before adding addition stamped elements of shells and starfish. A Martha Stewart punch helped create the insert. I love the limited colour palette of this card and hope to enter it in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge which this week is to 'Show some Stars'.
Bye for now
Karen x

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your card and the sentiment you chose to use with the shells/star them is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I agree, the limited colour palette really makes it !(I've copied yr spelling of palette, I always get it wrong lol). The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete