Thursday 4 April 2013

Beautiful Berry

Hi Everyone!
Back with a new post today showing one of the digi stamps I bought from Wee Stamps called Berry. I know she is a Christmas/Winter stamp but I think she's lovely so, with snow all around us on the mountains, I whipped out my Christmas paper and got to work.

   First I coloured Berry in an aqua blue and beige colour scheme in my Promarkers and matched her to the Bo Bunny 'Snowfall' paper collection which has some lovely glittery backgrounds. I die cut her out using Spellbinders Labels 10 and mounted her onto a Lacey Square die cut that I created from embossed gold card. By printing further digi's, I managed to colour various sections of Berry and her outfit, then layered them up to create a 3D image.

3D image
  Finally, I mounted the Bo Bunny papers on brown and gold cardstock and created faux stitching around the edge by piercing the paper and joining the holes with white gel pen. I used the same method on the lacey border strip across the middle before adding pearl gems and a computer printed sentiment.

This is my first card made with a Wee Stamp digi and I must say I love the images - it won't be long before I'm back for more.
Inside of card decorated to match.

Anyway, I'd like to enter this card in this month's Whimsy Inspirations Challenge which is to used Stitching or Faux Stitching on your project. As aqua is my favourite colour to use on projects (at the moment LOL!) I would also like to enter this card in the I Love Promarkers challenge which this week is 'Your Favourite Colour'.

Hope you like my card, I'd love to know what you think!
Thanks for looking.
Best wishes
Karen x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love the die cut. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a pleasure to see Berry coloured so nicely and 3D paper pieced! Absolutely gorgeous card!! Love the layout and Berry's hair colour :)And it is never too early to start with Christmas cards!

    Thanks so much also for such a lovely and kind comment about my work yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love that image from Sylvia, such a sweetie. Love the way you've coloured her and the paper peicing is beautiful. Hugs, Wends xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is so sweet, love the image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete