Sunday 27 October 2013

Happy Hauntings Pop Up Card

Hi All!
With Halloween just around the corner there are naturally a lot of themed challenges this week. I love the Steampunk Spells collection from Graphic 45, but for a more cute themed version I dug out my Happy Hauntings papers to make another pop up box card. As you can see from recent posts - I'm a bit addicted to these cards which fold down to fit in a 6x6 inch envelope!





Anyway, I covered the box panels in the lovely vibrant coloured papers and to inject a bit of 'Spooky purple', I inked two of the panels of paper with Dusty Concord Distress Ink to give a night time feel to this 'Witching Hour' card.
This shows how the card starts to fold down.

I also decorated the back - a great place to write your message.


All the little images and characters are cut from the papers with the owl, the 'Totally Wicked' and 'Witching Hour' sentiments from the Steampunk Spells collection. Finally, I added gold and crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents to highlight the clock face.


Hope you like this fun card! I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Spooky
Creative Card Crew - Sun, Moon or Stars - (I've used a moon and stars)
Try It On Tuesday - Halloween
Simon Says Wed Challenge - Halloween or Halloween Colours
Crafty Creations - Halloween Characters
Cute Card Thursday - Spooktackular


If you'd like to have a go at making these pop up cards, please see my videos below for inspiration and the link to the mechanism tutorial.





Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Best wishes
Karen x

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun card, thank you for joining us at TioT's this time and for the details on how you made it.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing, So fun and it reminds me of a Jack-in-the-box. Just super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing card! Love that it folds-up like that! So dynamic and fun! It's really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, fun piece! Thanks for playing along at TIOT. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser!! I so love unusual cards, I have bookmarked your 'how to' to have a look after tea. Brilliant project, I'll let you know how I get on!! Thank you for joining us at TioT, Cindy

    ReplyDelete