Friday 27 December 2013

Grrrr..uffies and Food

Hi All!
Two posts in one day! I love my colouring and for Christmas received some packs of Spectrum Noir markers by Crafter's Companion... so whilst I was getting to know them better I decided to colour an image to join in with the Spectrum Noir challenge which this month is 'All About Food'.

I really like the House Mouse and friends images so I picked out one of the Gruffies eating honey (for my food element) and used my packs of brown, yellows, pale hues and warm grey markers to colour the image. I then cut out the image and gave him a bit of dimension using silicone gel.

As I was making the card for a man I decided to keep things fairly simple, but my New Year's resolution in card making is to be more adventurous with my card layouts so I created a circular mat using my Spellbinders dies, and layered this up onto mats of Paper Cellar and Fancy Pants papers that were off set at an angle for interest. The negative of the Spellbinders diecut I used as a frame inside the card giving me an area to stamp - or write- my message.

Finally, I added a sentiment to the front of the card along with Card Candi, Perfect Pearls and Cinnamon Stickles.

Hope you like my card. I loved making it and look forward to creating more cards using my Spectrum Noir markers - I'm already eyeing up the other colours in the range!
Thanks for looking...why not head over to the Spectrum Noir challenge site and join in!
Best wishes
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment