Friday 11 March 2011

Memories in the Making






Hello Everyone.


Today I thought you might like to see one of my vintage layouts featuring my Great Great Grandparents. the photo really leant itself to sepia colours and the fabby Mama Razzi papers from Bo Bunny were just perfect. I layered up the central image and added the elements and papers popping out from underneath to create a collage effect. Postcard pieces, stickers, ribbon and lace all help to 'set the scene'. The image of the steam train was actually a modern one from an old leaflet but I aged it with Distress inks. The fob watch was cut from Graphic 45 paper and Glossy Accents helped to give it a shiny dial. I then added a chain coloured with Alcohol inks and a little heart charm to create a fob. The description was printed on the computer, cut into individual words and coated with Glossy Accents to give a tile effect.I hope you like this layout as much as I do. If you've not tried scrapbooking your vintage family photos yet - then give it a try. Its quite addictive once you start!
Best wishes
Karen x

1 comment: